Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package
₹29499/ per person
Cochin - Kavaratti - Kalpeni - Minicoy - Cochin
- 4 Nights/ 5 Days
- Availability 31 Mar, 2024
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and get a approx full refund, excluding service fees.
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Details
Five-day cruise which takes tourists to Kavaratti, Kalpeni and Minicoy for day excursion.During the day with lunch and refreshments ashore. Swimming, snorkeling and other water sports can be arranged during the day tour. Night spends onboard the ship.MV Kavaratti. The ships have cafeteria, snack bars, doctor on call, entertainments and upper-deck promenade. Ship facilities include three independent galleys, halls, recreation place with a swimming pool and a helipad. While planning your travel itinerary please provide a day at Kochi, both one way to Lakshadweep and on the way back. Ship programs/Itineraries are subject to change without notice due to ships arrival / departure or other unforeseen reasons. Reporting time to our facilitation desk at the Warf, WillingdonIslandat10.00 AM. Ship departure time 12.00 AM.
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Destination Details
- LakshadweepWhat looks like tiny dots in The Arabian Sea on the world map is a cluster of 36 islands known for its exotic, sun-kissed beaches and lush landscapes. Lakshadweep or simply put - a hundred thousand islands in Malayalam, is India''s smallest union territory with sandy beaches, gorgeous greens and an abundance of flora and fauna.What looks like tiny dots in The Arabian Sea on the world map is a cluster of 36 islands known for its exotic, sun-kissed beaches and lush landscapes. Lakshadweep or simply put - a hundred thousand islands in Malayalam, is India's smallest union territory with sandy beaches, gorgeous greens and an abundance of flora and fauna.
- KalpeniThe Kalpeni Island having on area of 2.79 sq km. The Island is located at a distance of 287 km from Kochi and located south-east of Kavaratti Island and midway between Andrott and Minicoy. It has a very large lagoon measuring about 2.8 km at the point of maximum width. The Island is aligned in the north-south direction.One of the most beautiful islands of Lakshadweep , the Kalpeni island is situated at a distance of sixty three kilometers from Androth. An important place of tourist destination, Kalpeni offers the tourists with a wonderful opportunity to explore their sporting skills and sportsman spirit through the various water sports of the region.For those who want a harmonious blend of fun mixed with an equal amount of adventure, Kalpeni islands presents them with a plethora of adventurous water sports. Endowed with the best gift of natural and scenic beauty, the Kalpeni islands is a perfect blend of traditional culture and modern infrastructural amenities.Representing the varied ecology of the region, the Kalpeni island is blessed with a wide variety of flora and fauna along with many rare biological species of plants, animals and aquatic life. The golden sandy beaches, crystal clear water of the Arabian Sea and the coral reefs of the Kalpeni island enthralls and enchants the tourists with its bewitching natural beauty. The splendid surrounding of the Kalpeni islands casts a magical spell on the tourists and captures the imagination of the poet.The indigenous population of the Kalpeni island strictly adheres to the social norms and codes of conduct. The Kalpeni island boasts of a place of peaceful human existence. Signifying the cultural heritage of the region, the womenfolk of the Kalpeni island beautifully dress in the traditional attire of wrap around skirts, which are locally known as the Sarongs. The colorful and attractive folk dances of Kolkali and Parichakkali of the Kalpeni island portrays the artistic skill of the indigenous population.Kalpeni, located 63 km south from Androth, is the most southeasterly of the Cannanore Islands. It consists of an elongated atoll formation with two main islands on its eastern side. The southern island of Kalpeni is the larger island at 2.28 km˛ in area. Cheriyam Island in the north is narrow with an area of 46 ha. A number of small islets are located on the lagoon side of Kalpeni.
The climate of Kalpeni is similar to the climatic conditions of Kerala. March to May is the hottest period of the year. The temperature ranges from 25oC to 35oC and humidity ranging from 70 -76 per cent for most of the year. The average rainfall received is 1600 mm a year. Monsoon prevails here from 15th May to 15th September. The monsoon period raises temperature to the mercury level between 27- 30 degrees. The presence of the reef maintains calm at the lagoon.
- KavarattiThe Kavaratti is the capital of the Union Territory Lakshadweep in India.The Island of Kavaratti lies 360Km of the coast of the State of Kerala , is the closest major city on the Indian mainland at a distance of 404 km (218 nmi).
he Kavaratti Island is the headquarters of the Union Territory of Lakshadweep. This island is at a distance of 404 km (218 nautical miles) from Kochi and is located between Agatti Island on the west and Andrott Island on the east. It lies between 10o 32′ and 10o 35′ N latitude and 72o 35′ and 72o 40′ E longitude, having an area of 4.22 sq km. Maximum length of the island is 5.8 km and width is 1.6 km. It has a lagoon having a length of about 6 km and an area of 4.96 sq km.
The island is 2 to 5 m above the mean sea level on the western side and 2 to 3 m on the eastern side.It is located in the centre of Lakshadweep archipelago. Strangely Kavaratti has a small inland lake at its Northern end. The island itself is stretched over an area of slightly more than 4 sq kms and has the maximum percentage of non – islanders as residents.
As is the case with other islands of Lakshadweep, Kavaratti has warm sandy veaches where toursits can unwind themselves. Though the beaches are narrow, the lagoons around Kavratti are fabulous with star fish, anemones, sea cucumers, countless multi- hued fishes astounding corals. Located to the west of the Island the lagoon is best suited for swimming, kayaking, wind surfing and canoeing. To the South of the Island lies Chicken Neck point which is an absolutely fantastic place for water sports including scuba diving and snorkelling. A glass bottom boat ride offers tourists and opportunity to view the rich marine life and an array of extraordinary corals.
Kavaratti has the maximum number of mosques in Lakshadweep. Out of the 52 mosques Jamnath, mohidden and Ujra are prominent ones. Jamnath mosque is a massive structure having the largest tank of any mosque in the islands. Mohidden Mosque is an ancient mosque that lies to the North- West of Kavaratti. One of the oldest and most striking is the Ujra mosque built by Sheikh Mohammad Kasim. The 17th century structure has an ornate ceiling, said to have been carved out of a single of driftwood.
Its pillars are also intricately carved. Women are not permitted to visit its main prayer hall. Sheikh Mohammad Kasim’s grave is located in the mosque which is revered by the islanders. There is a well in the precints of the mosque that contains water having curative powers. A few blocks away from the Ujra Mosque lies an aquarium which is also a museum. The aquarium has a variety of multi – coloured species of fish.
Yet the main attraction is a small shark that is placed in a large glass compartment and shares space with sea cucumbers, octopuses, schools of fishes and few anemones. The museum displays different types of shells, extra ordinary and numerous fishes preserved in glass jars. Just next to the museum is the Dolphin Dive centre that offers diverse PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) programmes for amateur and professional divers. The trained and expert divers give instructions on diving and other water sports at PADI which is one of the world’s largest leisure diving organization.
Accomodation in Kavaratti is available close to the jetty. There are a few tourist huts with attached bathroom and balcony. Tourists can savour the buffet that generally serves Malabar cuisine including spicy tuna fish, chicken and sweet potato. Kavaratti is covered in two packages offered byt the Lakshadweep Tourism department namely Coral Reef and Taratashi packages.
The climate of Kavaratti is similar to the climatic conditions of Kerala. March to May is the hottest period of the year. The temperature ranges from 25oC to 35oC and humidity ranging from 70 -76 per cent for most of the year. The average rainfall received is 1600 mm a year. Monsoon prevails here from 15th May to 15th September. The monsoon period raises temperature to the mercury level between 27- 30 degrees. During the monsoon time, boats are not allowed outside the lagoon because of the violent sea. The presence of the reef maintains calm at the lagoon.
- MinicoyThe Minicoy Island is the southern-most island of Lakshadweep, situated at a distance of 398 km south-west of Kochi , having an area of 4.80 sq km. It has a very large lagoon on the western side, measuring about 6 km across the two entrances, one on the west and the other on the northern-most point. The lagoon area is 30.60 sq km. The island is about 2 m above the mean sea level on the western side and about 3 to 4 m on the eastern side, and is 11 km long.The Light house of the island is one of the oldest and was constructed in 1885. You will be taken to the villages, tuna canning factory, the light house and for a long drive through dense coconut groves and winding village roads. The beaches have bathing huts and change rooms; so swim and beach walk , Pedal boat, Kayak and Sail . We provide these on hire. Three tourist cottages and one 20 bedded tourist home have been constructed for the staying tourists. This island is part of Coral Reef and Swaying Palm packages .
It is the second largest and southern most island in Lakshadweep, crescent shaped and has one of the largest lagoons. Viringli is the small islet that you see on the south. Minicoy is set apart from the Northern group of islands by its culture. The closest land to Minicoy is Thuraakunu Island in the Republic of the Maldives about 100 km to the south across the Vangaaru Channel.The main attraction of the island is its carefully arranged villages, known as ‘Avah’. Each Avah has its own internal organization headed by a Moopan, around which the life of the community rests. Every Village has its own village house. In total there are 10 villages in the island, and are named as Bada, Aoumagu, Boduathiri, Rammedu, Sedivalu, Aloodi, Funhilol, Kudehi, Falessery and Kendiparty (from south to north). Each village is headed by a Bodukaka and a Bodudatha assisted by a 2nd Bodukaka and a 2nd bodudatha. First Bodukaka looks after the internal matters of the village and 2nd Bodukaka the external affairs. Village house is the place where ''Baemedu'' (Assemblage of villagers) is held. As source of income a village has fishing boats, country crafts and coconut trees. Common feasts are conducted at the village house during the celebrations of Eid and other festive occasions.The houses, which stand in their own private enclosures, are arranged in streets. They are kept neat and tidy and reflect the urge of the people for order and colour. All the houses have a swing cot made of wood which is beautifully furnished and painted in different hues. The inhabitants love a profusion of colors, be it on the beautifully engraved tabletops that decorate their houses or on fishing boats or racing dhonis. One of the handicrafts of the people is boat modeling which is a piece of art painted in different colours.The folk dances of Minicoy are Lava, Thaara, Dandi, Fuli and Bandiya. Colourful and elegant race boat known as Jahadhoni are used for race, reception of dignitaries and for annual picnic to Viringili/Raggan.
The climate of Minicoy is similar to the climatic conditions of Kerala. March to May is the hottest period of the year. The temperature ranges from 25oC to 35oC and humidity ranging from 70 -76 per cent for most of the year. The average rainfall received is 1600 mm a year. Monsoon prevails here from 15th May to 15th September. The monsoon period raises temperature to the mercury level between 27- 30 degrees.
Day 01: Cochin
All passengers have to be report at boarding point in Wellington Island Cochin office between10.00 to11.00hrs. Our representative will assist to hand over the permit, tickets and boarding the ship. Check in starts from 11.00 am and ETD from Cochin by 12.30 pm. The lunch provide in the ship and proceed from Cochin to Lakshadweep India’s one and only Virgin Coral Paradise. Evening tea and dinner will be provided in ship. Overnight stay in ship.
Day 02: Kavaratti
Morning Tea, Breakfast in ship. Today guest will reach Kavaratti. It is the headquarters of the U.T Administration since 1964. You have enough time to explore the island. The beautiful calm lagoon forms an ideal spot for water sports, swimming and basking on warm sandy beaches. Marine life exhibits can be seen at the new MARINE AQUARIUM which has excellent collection of specimens. Do not bother if you are not a good swimmer; we have made viewing the exotic underwater world easier for you through our glass bottomed boats. The Dolphin Dive Center is another attraction for water sports enthusiasts. The guest move back to ship by 17.00hrs and stay overnight at ship. Dinner will be provided in the ship.
Day 03: KALPENI
Morning Tea and Breakfast in ship It is known for its Scenic beauty and the small islets called Tilakkam and Pitti and an uninhabited island on the north called Cheriyam. A huge shallow lagoon encloses all of them. A peculiar feature of KALPENI atoll is the huge storm bank of coral debris along the eastern and south-eastern shorelines. It is believed that huge boulders were thrown up during a storm in 1847. It is a progressive island. It was in this island that girls first went to school, when women's education was considered a taboo. Here, one can swim, reef-walk or water sport on kayaks, sail boat and pedal boat. A visit to the Baniyan Factory and the Light House is also included in the day's program. Evening after having the tea, guest move back to ship by 170.00hrs and stay overnight at ship. Dinner will be arranged in the ship.
Day 04: MINICOY
Morning Tea, Breakfast in ship. It is about 10.6 Kms. long: it is the second largest island, the first being ANDROTT. It is the southernmost island in Lakshadweep, crescent shaped and has one of the largest lagoons. Viringili is the small islet that can be seen on the south. MINICOY is set apart from the northern group of islands by its culture: the islanders are employed as seamen in ocean going vessels the world over. The island has a systematically arranged village system known as 'Avah'. Each avah is a cluster of houses which is headed by an elected elderly man called Bodukaka. Traditionally all powers to manage village affairs are vested in him. Each village has a village house beautifully decorated and maintained. Mahl is the spoken language. MINICOY is an important centre for tuna fishing. The Light House of the island is one of the oldest and was constructed in 1885. One can visit the villages, tuna canning factory, the light house and go for a long drive through dense coconut groves and winding village roads. The beaches have bathing huts and change rooms. So swim and beach walk, Pedal boat, Kayak and Sail. Three Tourist Cottages and a Twenty Bedded Tourist Home have been constructed for the staying tourists. In the evening at 16.00 hrs guest move back to the ship for the overnight stay and dinner will be provided.
Day 05: Cochin
Morning tea and Breakfast in the ship Today morning the ship arrives at Cochin port 10.00hrs in the morning and the guest can leave ship by 11.00 hrs with sweet memories of the Lakshadweep pleasure trip.
|*Above Rates are per person
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Cost Includes:-
- 04 Nights accommodation on twin sharing basis in Ac Gold class Cabins
- Ship tickets
- documentation and processing charges
- Bus transfer to the ship from the boarding point at Cochin
- Welcome drink at the Island
- All meals , morning and evening tea or coffee
- Island Tour
- Entry permit, Boat transfer from the ship to Island and back to ship
- Water Sports :- Glass boat ride, Kayaking, (01 time only)
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Cost Excludes:-
- Supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges.
- Air fare
- Water Sports Charges.
- Optional service provided on a personal request.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, bottled water, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips etc.
- Activity charges, Scuba, Jet Ski, Snorkeling etc.
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Notes
- Above Rates are per person.
- Please read the Terms & Conditions as mentioned in our "website" before booking the Tour.
- Above Rates are Valid till 30 Sep 2024.
- NOTE: All Above Rates, Hotels are Subject to availability at the time of actual booking.
Lakshadweep Samudram Tour Package Terms & Conditions
- One can enroll His/Her name for the tour by paying 50% of the total tour cost for any tour as advance. The balance amount must be paid at least 45 days before schedule date of departure of the tour, without waiting for reminder from our side. We reserve the right to cancel the tour, alter the routes, carriers, time-tables, itinerary and accommodation without prior notice.
- Tourist travels at their own risk. Neither the tour operator nor their representatives or staff accept any liabilities or responsibilities for any damage, loss, injury, accident, death etc, during the tour howsoever it might have caused.
- It is necessary to book at least 120 days in advance before the schedule departure of the tour. We do not accept any responsibilities and liabilities for the railway tickets of the passengers who book with us for less than 120 days from the scheduled departure of the train. If we have to make any alternate arrangement, then the extra cost of making alternate arrangement should be borne by the passengers only.
- Berth Nos. & Coach Nos. of Railway Tickets are allotted by the computer and therefore passengers have to accept as they are given.
- There will be NO SERVICES & MEALS DURING TRAIN / BUS JOURNEYS.
- Any increase in Air / Bus Fares should be borne by the passenger only.
- We have published the names of the Hotels for each tour, even though we reserve the right to change the same, if the accommodation is not available in the Identified / Specified Hotel for the particular package tour due to reasons beyond our control. We shall make all our best efforts to shift the passengers to the Hotel maintaining / having more or less the same standards. No refund will be allowed when we have provided alternative / similar accommodation. The rooms shall be allotted as per the check-in time of the respective Hotels, and they shall have to be vacated as per the check-out time of the Hotel.
- The management reserves the right to take all necessary steps including suspending the passengers who creates trouble for the management or to the other fellow passengers.
- If due to any reason beyond our control like riots, accidents, flood, political unrest, bandh calls or any natural, or man made calamities, the tour programme needs to be changed or extended, then the additional expenditure for the same will be borne by the passengers. If any passenger has to leave the tour mid way due to any reason, then there shall be no refund for the remaining part of the tour and the expenses for returning back shall also be borne by the passengers only.
- If due to any reason beyond our control, we have to cancel some sight seeing places, there shall be no refund for the same. If a tour is cancelled from our part then the cost and responsibility of organising the new tour will be of passengers only.
- Any complain regarding our services like Hotels, Bus, etc, passengers are advised to inform our office immediately by Phone / Fax so that the same can be re-addressed on the spot, no complains or refund for the same be entertained after completion of the tour.
- Any dispute / claims subject to Surat Jurisdiction.
- Any change / additional Govt. Service tax levied must born by the passengers.
- Timings mentioned in the itinerary for the Bus / Flight journey are estimated only. There are frequent chances of delay in arrival / departure at destination due to various reasons.
- Postponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Preponement of journey is not allowed. It will be treated as cancellation and accordingly the cancellation charges will be applicable.
- Child (5-11 yrs) with extra bed rate will be given only mattress in the parents room. Child up to 4 years will not be given any extra bed and no seats in train and bus.
- There will be NO refund for any unutilized service on the tour.
- We are Travel Agent and Holiday Organizers only and act as an agent for clients on one side and the operator of the various facilities on the other side in the best interest of the clients. We do not own any Hotel & do not operate or control any Airlines, other services like transport services / guides, Although we try our best to arrange and render best services yet we do not hold any responsibility on any account whatsoever of the performance of the Hotels, Airlines, Guide Services, Transport Services, opening of the sightseeing places, other services or anything else on which we do not have direct control. We do not bear any responsibility & shall not be liable, whatsoever for any dissatisfaction, loss of life and property, death, damages etc. Caused by the act or default or management or employees of such independent contractors and also any consequences arising out of natural calamities, strikes, breakdown and facilities, accidents, negligence, delay in services of all concerned and for any act of omission or inconveniences caused in connection with the travel facility etc. We shall not be responsible for any loss / damage / claim / financial compensation and any liability in any form / in any respect and on any account whatsoever. It is advisable to take comprehensive insurance including illness, accidental or anyother events.
- If the Guest decides to cancel the tour for any reason whatsoever then s/he shall give a written application to the Company within specified time limit along with original receipt issued by the Company. Such cancellation will attract cancellation charges stated hereunder.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Air tickets issued on special fares are NON REFUNDABLE and Guest shall bear cancellation charges.
- Any refund payable to the Guest will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- From the date of booking to 46 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 25%
- Between 45 days to 31 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 50%
- Between 30 days to 16 days prior to the scheduled departure of tour . . . . . 75%
- Before 15 days to 08 days of schedule departure of tour . . . . . 90%
- 07 days to the date of departure of tour . . . . . 100%